① 日期，写信人应将写信日期(年，月，日)放在书信正文的右上角，如Jan. 30th, 2010。
② 称呼，称呼是写信人对收信人的称谓，称呼可以根据收信人的性别，职务，婚姻状况，姓名等个人信息来写，如：Mr. Williams, Mrs. Bush, Professor Li, Dr. Smith, Dear Mum and Dad
如果写信人不清楚收信人的具体姓名，职务等情况，可以写：Dear Sir or Madam, To whom it may concern。
④ 结束语，结束语是写信人对收信人的谦称，写在正文下面二至三行处。公务等较正式的信件多采用Yours sincerely, Sincerely yours, Yours faithfully, Yours truly 等；私人信件，多采用Yours, With love, Yours affectionately 等。
I am writing to complain about…
I am writing to thank… for… /express my gratitude for …
I am writing to ask for…
I am writing to apply for…
此段写作的中心任务是把题目中的提纲进行扩展。如果有3条提纲，可以每一条提纲扩充3句。怎么样扩充，主要是发挥点小小的想象力，有两种思路，一是将上义拆分成为若干下义，二是把一件事情说得更为形象具体。比如第一条指令，题目里面说是books，可以细化为各种各样的书，这就是下义拆分法。还可以具体描写一下这些书是什么样子的。同样第二个指令里面的methods of payment,和第三个指令里面的time and way of delivery都可以采用这两种方法进行扩展。
结尾，一般为礼貌性的套话，一般都是焦急等待着您的回信I am looking forward to your reply足以，或者I would appreciate it if you could send a replay at your earliest convenience也行。
1) I am much pleased to inform you that…….
2) I wish to apply for the teaching position you are offering.
3) Your kind letter of November 22th arrived this morning.
4) In reply to your letter dated July 4, I want to say…
5) Thank you for your letter dated Dec.22, 2000.
6) Many thanks for your letter of Sept.5，1997.
7) A thousand thanks for your kind letter of June 5,1997.
8) Your letter which arrived this morning gave me great comfort.
9) Thank you very much for your letter of August 2 and the gift you sent me on Christmas Eve.
10) First of all,I must thank you for your kind assistance and high attention to me .
11) With great delight I learn from your letter of this Sunday that…
12) I am too excited and delighted at your good news.
13) I am very obliged to you for your warm congratulations.…
1) Looking forward to your early reply
2) Hoping to hear from you soon
3) I hope to hear from you very soon.
4) We look forward to your reply at your earliest convenience.
5) Your early reply will be highly appreciated.
6) I hope everything will be well with you.
7) Please let us know if you want more information.
8) I wish you very success in the coming year.
9) Please remember me to your family.
10) With best regards to your family.
11) All the best.
12) With love and good wishes.
1. In reply to your advertisement in ~,I respectfully offer my services for the situation.
2. With reference to your advertisement in ~ for a / an ~,I offer myself for the post.
3. Please consider me an applicant for the position which you advertised in ~.
4. Having noticed the enclosed advertisement in ~,I wish to apply for the position referred to.
5. In answer to your advertisement in ~ for a ~,I wish to tender my services.
6. Your advertisement for a ~ in ~ has interested me. I feel I can fill that position.
7. Shall you need an experienced ~ for your ~ next SUMMER?
8. I have been for over five years in the employment of a / an ~ company
9. I have been in the business for the last ~ years, and worked as the director of the…department.
10. I've had ~ years' experience with a company as a ~.
11. For the last ~ years, I have been and still am a / an ~.
12. I'm ~ years of age, female / male, and have had ~ years' experience in a limited company's ~ office
13. I should be very glad to have a personal interview and can furnish references if desired.
14. If you desire an interview, I shall be most happy to call in person, on any day and at any time you may appoint.
15. Should you think favorably of my application, kindly grant me an interview.
16. I trust that you'll give this application your favorable consideration.
17. Should you give me a trial, I’ll do my utmost to afford you every satisfaction.
1. I am sorry to say that we are greatly inconvenienced by the fact that ~.
2. I am writing this letter to complain about ~.
3. I really must complain about the quality of the ~ I recently got from your company.
4. You seem to have supplied us with a product that falls far below the standard we expect.
5. The ~ I ordered from your store arrived broken. Obviously, no packing had been placed in the box before it was sent from the warehouse.
6. It is now over ~ since we made the above order with you, but the ~ we need badly now haven't arrived yet.
7. The product I purchased from you ~ proved to be quite a disappointment. Although it looks exactly the same as the one I saw in your commercial, it actually does not perform the same way.
8. As I have no interest in receiving a replacement, I am returning the product to you and demand that a full refund be made to me.
9. I'd appreciate it very much if you refund the money I have paid for it.
10. We would appreciate it if you would arrange for the replacement of the damaged items.
1. Let me tell you how much I liked / appreciated / enjoyed…
2. I want you to know how much we / I appreciate…
3. We appreciate your taking time to …
4. I don’t know how I would have managed without your help
5. I hope I can return the favor someday
6. Do let me know if I can ever return the favor