(1) I know my friends from the feel of their faces.
(2) Ice is a solid. If we heat it， it melts and becomes water.
(3) John got up very early in the morning. He put on his jacket， sat down at his desk and began to do his homework.
(4) But at the present moment the whole road looked rather pretty， for the sun had just set in splendor，and the equalities of rent were drowned in a saffron afterglow.
(5) He had a shelf there， where he kept his Bohemian papers and his pipes and tobacco， and his shears and needles and thread and tailor's thimble.
(6) Most of the people who appear most often and most gloriously in the history books are great conquerors and generals and soldiers…
(7) The city has a dense manufacturing population.
(8)The products should be sampled to check their quality before they leave the factory.
(9) The mother and the eldest daughter weeded the ridges， passing before the others…A younger son，of twelve years， brought sea sand in a donkey's creels from a far corner of the field. They mixed the sand with the black clay. The fourth child， still almost an infant， staggered about near his mother， plucking weeds slowly and offering them to his mother as gifts.
(10) Come if you like.高兴来就来。
(11) As it is late， let us go to bed.不早啦，睡吧!
(12) I framed the words in my mind： "Pardon me， but have I done something to offend you?"
(13). You hear it from the trackers， a more breathless chant， as they pull desperately against the current， half a dozen of them perhaps if they are， taking up a wupan， a couple of hundred if they are hauling a splendid junk， its square sail set， over a rapid.
(14). If you are a twinkler， you have the ability to walk into a room and bring the sunshine with you，making everyone else want to bask in it.