Part C: Read the following text are fully and then translate the underlined segments into Chinese. Your translation should be written neatly on ANSWER SHEET 2.( 10 points)
46. Those societies came out of the war with levels of enrollment that had been roughly constant at 3%-5% of the relevant age groups during the decades before the war.
【解析】1.这句话主干为Those societies came out of the war.
2. with levels of enrollment是介宾短语作状语;
3. that had been roughly constant at 3%-5% of the relevant age groups是定语从句修饰前面levels of enrollment.
47. And the demand that rose in those societies of entry to higher education extended to groups and social classes that had not thought of attending a university before the war.
【解析】1. 这句话主干为the demand extended to groups and social classes，其中extended为谓语动词;
2. that rose in those societies of entry to higher education定语从句修饰demand;
3. that had not thought of attending a university before the war定语从句修饰前面groups and social classes.
48. In many countries of western Europe, the numbers of student in higher education doubled within five-years periods during the 1960s and doubled again in seven, eight or 10 years by the middle of 1970 s.
【解析】这句话主干为the numbers of student in higher education doubled and double again，In many countries of western Europe为地点状语，其他部分为时间状语从句。
49. and when the new staff are predominantly young men and women fresh from past graduate study, they largely define the norms of academic life in that faculty.
【解析】这句话主干为they largely define the norms of academic life in that faculty，when引导的是时间状语从句;其中fresh from past graduate study是形容词短语修饰men and women。
50. High growth rates increased the chances for academic innovation, they also weakened the forms and process by which teachers and students are admitted into a community of scholars during periods of stability or slow growth.
【解析】1.这句话主干是一个并列句为High growth rates increased the chances for academic innovation, they also weakened the forms and process;
2. by which teachers and students are admitted into a community of scholars during periods of stability or slow growth定语从句修饰forms and process.