1) Birth is nothing where virtue is not. 品德不好，出生再好也无用。
Moliere, French dramatist 法国剧作家莫里哀
2) Charms strike the sight, but merit wins the soul. 美色中看，美德感人。
Alexander Pope, British poet 英国诗人蒲伯.A.
3) Honesty and diligence should be your eternal mates. 诚实与勤勉，应该成为你永久的伙伴。
Benjamin Franklin, American president 美国总统富兰克林.B.
4) A strong climbing-rope, made by twisting together confidence, determination and perseverance, can help you scale the summits of knowledge and science. 信心、决心和恒心，拧成一根坚实的攀绳，能使你攀上知识和科学的高峰。
5) On account of the quickening pace of life, competition goes increasingly fierce in all walks of life, imposing tremendous pressure on all individuals. The past few years have witnessed dramatic increase in the difficulty of examinations and employment. We must maintain powerful self-confidence and optimism in the face of challenges so as to survive and succeed.
6) With confidence, all things are within the realm of possibility. Without confidence, even the smallest challenges seem insurmountable. (surmount the obstacles). Life’s challenges are no match for the person with unstoppable confidence. While the problems or challenges might seem too big to be overcome, the person with confidence always finds a way to win regardless of the circumstances. (可以把confidence改成cooperation, courage, efforts, ambitions, perseverance, strong will)
7) Courage is the ladder on which all the other virtues mount. 勇气是一架梯子，其他美德全靠它爬上去。
Clare Boothe Luce, RSA dramatist 美国剧作家卢斯.C.B.
8) What will matter is not your competence, but your character. 重要的不是你的能力，而是你的性格。
9) Our destiny offers not the cup of despair, but the chalice(高脚杯) of opportunity. 命运给予我们的不是失望之酒，而是机会之杯。
Richard Nixon, American president 美国总统尼克松. R.
10) Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet. 忍耐是痛苦的，但它的果实是甜蜜的。
Jean Jacques Rousseau, French thinker 法国思想家卢梭.J.J
11) Anger is a wind which blows out the lamp of the mind. 愤怒是扑灭心灵之灯的风。
Robert Green Ingersoll, American lawyer 美国律师英格索尔.R.G.
1) Three passions, simple but overwhelmingly strong have governed my life: the longing for love, the search for knowledge, and the unbearable pity for the suffering of mankind. 三种质朴而又十分强烈的感情一直支配着我的人生——对爱之渴望，对知识的求索，对人类苦难的无限怜悯。
2) Love and knowledge, so far as they were possible, led upward toward the heavens. But always pity brought me back to earth. Echoes of cries of pain reverberate in my heart. Children in famine, victims tortured by oppressors, helpless old people a burden to their sons, and the whole world of loneliness, poverty, and pain make a mockery of what human life should be. I long to alleviate this evil, but I cannot, and I too suffer. 爱情与知识，尽其可能，引领着我通往天堂;然而怜悯总是把我带回现实。那些痛苦的呼唤在我内心深处回响。饥饿中的孩子，被压迫和折磨的人们，给子女造成重担的无助老人，以及孤独、贫穷和痛苦的整个世界，都是对人类理想生活的嘲讽。我渴望能减少这些不幸，但无能为力，这也是我的痛苦。
Bertrand Russell, British philosopher 英国哲学家罗素.B.
3) The happiest thing in our life is the conviction that we are loved. 世界上最幸福的事莫过于我们坚信自己是被爱着的。
Victor Hugo, French writer法国作家雨果
4) There is only one happiness in life—— to love and be loved. 生活中唯一的幸福就是——爱和被爱。
George Sand. French woman writer法国女作家乔治•桑
5) After the verb “to love”, “to help” is the most beautiful verb in the world. 除了“爱”之外，“帮助”是世界上最美的动词。
Aldous Leonard Huxley. British novelist 英国小说家赫胥黎.A.L.
6) All for one, one for all. 人人为我，我为人人。
Alexandre Dumas, French writer 法国作家大仲马.A.
7) It is not enough to do good; one must do it the right way. 人不仅要做好事，更要以正确的方式做好事。
John Morley, British statesman 英国政治家莫利.J.
8) Among all the precious emotions of human beings, love is regarded as the most sublime.
9) Stir one’s pity/ compassion/ pity stirred in her heart. 她油然产生恻隐之心。
1) A strong climbing-rope, made by twisting together confidence, determination and perseverance, can help you scale the summits of knowledge and science. 信心、决心和恒心，拧成一根坚实的攀绳，能使你攀上知识和科学的高峰。
2) On account of the quickening pace of life, competition goes increasingly fierce in all walks of life, imposing tremendous pressure on all individuals. The past few years have witnessed dramatic increase in the difficulty of examinations and employment. We must maintain powerful self-confidence and optimism in the face of challenges so as to survive and succeed.
3) With confidence, all things are within the realm of possibility. Without confidence, even the smallest challenges seem insurmountable. (surmount the obstacles). Life’s challenges are no match for the person with unstoppable confidence. While the problems or challenges might seem too big to be overcome, the person with confidence always finds a way to win regardless of the circumstances. (可以把confidence改成cooperation, courage, efforts, ambitions, perseverance, strong will)
Ultimately, life’s challenges run and hide from the person that maintains confidence. This is hard lesson to learn. The problems of life seem so big and scary and we often think of ourselves as so small and fragile. But that’s not the way it is. That’s the illusion that most people buy into, but it’s not the truth.
The truth is that we are bigger than anything that can ever happen to us in life. We have the power and ability to overcome any obstacle in our path. And the most important tool we possess is personal confidence, believing in your ability to overcome the current challenge just like we have done so many times in the past.
Whatever challenge is currently in your life, know that it’s there to help you grow and expand. Use the problems you encounter to help you build your personal confidence. Remember, you wouldn’t have the problem if you didn’t have the power to overcome it. Expanding your personal confidence will allow you to take on whatever you need to in order to fulfill your personal mission.
4) To get a thorough understanding of oneself is to gain a correct view of oneself——aware of strength and shortage. You can look forward hopefully toward the future but you should not expect too much, for ideals can never fully realized. You can meet challenges but you should be clear to know where to direct the efforts. To get a thorough understanding of oneself needs self-appreciation. Whether you like yourself to be a towering tree or a blade of grass; whether you think you are a high mountain or a small stone, you represent a state of nature that has its own reason of existence. If you earnestly admire yourself, you’ll have a real sense of self-appreciation, which will give you confidence. As soon as you gain full confidence in yourself you’ll be enabled to fight and overcome any adversity.
5) Steer the ship with hope, leaving fear behind
6) It is necessary to embrace the strong faith that we are indomitable and invincible. 我们有必要坚信我们是百折不饶并且不可战胜的。
7) Behind the issue of whether we should be endowed with a soul of confidence and courage, there lurks a host of problems as to the attitude we should possess in a world of uncertainties.
8) Confidence in yourself is the first step on the road to success.自信是通向成功的第一步。
9) Faith begins by believing in your heart that what is right has a chance. Faith is knowing in your heart that good can overcome evil, that the sun can shine in a rainstorm. 信念始于内心对机缘深信不疑。信念是心底深信善良能战胜邪恶，太阳会在暴风雨中升起。
10) Faith is trusting in yourself enough to know that no matter how things turn out, you will make the best of them. 信念就是坚信自己无论如何总能将糟糕的局面扭转，展现事态的最好一面。
11) To have faith where you cannot see; to be willing to work on in the dark; to be conscious of the fact that so long as you strive for the best, there are better things on the way, this in itself is success. 当你看不清方向时请心怀信念;并乐于在黑暗中前行;坚信只要你努力奋斗，前进的路上总会有收获。这一切其实就是成功。
12) Reason is an action of the mind; knowledge is a possession of the mind; but faith is an attitude of the person. It means you are prepared to stake yourself on something being so. 思考是头脑的活动;知识是头脑的财产;而信念是一种人生的态度它意味着不管面对何事，你都会坚持不懈。
13) I succeeded because I willed it; I never hesitated. 我成功是因为我有决心，从不踌躇。
Bonapart Napoleon, French emperor法国皇帝拿破仑.B.
You have to believe in yourself. That's the secret of success. 人必须相信自己，这是成功的秘诀。
Charles Chaplin, American actor美国演员卓别林.C.